For an overview of my research interests and book projects, see Research.
- “‘A New Form of the Book’: Modernism’s Textual Culture and the Microform Moment.” Book History, forthcoming.
- “Curating the Colony: Museums in Ulysses.” James Joyce Quarterly 51.2-3 (Published 2016; issue date Winter 2014): 353-370.
“Creating Socially Networked Knowledge through Interdisciplinary Collaboration.” Co-authored with Erik Chuk, Rama Hoetzlein, and David Kim. Arts and Humanities in Higher Education 11.1 (Feb/Apr 2012): 93-108.
- “‘Memory Pressed Flat Into Text’: The Importance of Print in Steven Hall’s The Raw Shark Texts.” Contemporary Literature 52.2 (Summer 2011): 264-297.
- “Uncanny Mediums: Haunted Radio, Supernaturally Intuitive Women, and Agatha Christie’s ‘Wireless’.” The Female Fantastic: Gendering the Supernatural in the 1890s and 1920s, edited by Lizzie Harris McCormick, Jennifer Mitchell, and Rebecca Soares. (Routledge, 2018)
Annotations to Mark Z. Danielewski’s Only Revolutions:
- The “Road Signs” are several hundred annotations featured in the electronic edition of Mark Z. Danielewski’s novel Only Revolutions. In addition to providing individual glosses, the annotations are hyperlinked, allowing readers to trace alternate routes through the text and follow sustained arguments about the novel’s themes through the annotations. Co-authored with Noam Assayag. (Pantheon, 2015)
Book and Conference Reviews:
- “(Re)Born Digital”: Review of Digital Modernism: Making it New in New Media by Jessica Pressman. Novel: A Forum on Fiction 48.3 (2015): 469-473.
- Review of MP3: The Meaning of a Format by Jonathan Sterne. Symplokē 22.1-2 (2014): 398-400.
- “‘It was Bohemian’: A Report on the XXII International James Joyce Symposium, Prague, 13-18 June 2010.” James Joyce Quarterly 47.1 (Fall 2009): 16-18.
- Business Data Networks and Security, 11th Edition. Co-authored with Raymond R. Panko. Pearson, 2018. Co-author since 8th edition, 2010.
- “Commemorating a Revolution: A Conversation with Colm Tóibín.” Weber: The Contemporary West 33.2 (Spring/Summer 2017): 11-19
Invited Guest Blog Posts:
- “Ongoing Narrative: Digital Media and Literary Publication,” for the Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities blog, February 2014.
- “The Tactility of Books,” for MIT’s “Unbound: Speculations on the Future of the Book” Symposium blog, April 2012.